BA Insight offers multiple choices for integration of Salesforce with SharePoint and other enterprise systems:
- The Salesforce for SharePoint Connector integrates Salesforce’s Service, Sales and Marketing Cloud with SharePoint, making all the content within Salesforce available to all employees through SharePoint search.
Search for Salesforce provides instant, contextual, enterprise-wide search results that are related to the specific case or opportunity your employees are viewing. Best of all, a limited version of this application can be downloaded from the Salesforce.com AppExchange free of charge. The benefits include:
- Empowering support professionals to deliver great service experiences by providing them access to the most relevant content and experts from across your enterprise systems, without leaving their Service Cloud consoles.
- Making support centers more efficient and productive with shorter training times, faster case resolution, and fewer escalations.
- Increasing customer satisfaction as your support professionals are able to provide accurate solutions more rapidly, enhancing your brand and customer loyalty.
- SharePoint as a customer portal is a great way to improve productivity by providing an intuitive self-service portal that is connected to other enterprise systems. Online self-service tools improve customer satisfaction, reduce time and effort required to share relevant information and increase efficiency through self service.
This connector supports both full crawls and incremental crawls:
- Full crawls, which extract all desired content
- Incremental crawls, which extract only content which has changed since the last crawl
SharePoint is often used as an intranet platform providing enterprise search to employees. With BAI solutions for Salesforce, SharePoint can be extended to be a customer portal or act as the core search engine making search within Salesforce intelligent. This provides:
- Salesforce users access to all relevant information without leaving Salesforce
- SharePoint users to access Salesforce information without requiring Salesforce licenses
- Customers to access a SharePoint-based self-service portal
The BA Insight Salesforce for SharePoint connector and search for salesforce were specifically developed to provide secure access to the most relevant information within the enterprise.
The Salesforce for SharePoint Connector addresses key requirements that are challenging to implement through custom solutions:
1Works both with unstructured content and structured data. Large documents, attachments, and complex systems with customer-configurable schema are typical.
2Indexes every desired item with a very high throughput. Many BA Insight customers have millions of documents or even hundreds of millions. Just 1 million documents indexed at 1 document/second would take over 11 days for a full crawl!
3Is light touch, minimizing the impact on the source system without impacting the performance of the source system.
4Only surfaces the content that users are permitted to see.
5The source system retains the master information and the search index has only a representation (pointers). Users expect to click on a search result and be working on the original item or document.
Future-proof your investment for new SharePoint versions and O365
With each successive version of SharePoint, Microsoft extends its core capabilities, and the same is true of new releases of Salesforce. BA Insight does the hard work of keeping the connector up to date for both Salesforce and SharePoint. In addition, the Salesforce for SharePoint Connector also supports O365 through Cloud SSA. In fact, we support current versions of SharePoint, including 2010, 2013, 2016 and Office365.
The upgrades can be done by your IT organization. It is a matter of accessing the BA Insight customer portal, downloading the latest release and installing and configuring it. Or, if desired, our professional services team can handle the upgrades.