The value of infoapps for unified information access
Information plays a central role in most organizations today. Yet, they continue to struggle with implementing systems to help their employees find the right information they need, when they need it. There is more than meets the eye when it comes to managing and understanding the information that is scattered across enterprises. In this whitepaper, IDC Research Director, David Schubmehl answers questions about the value of InfoApps for Unified Information Access.
These questions include:
- Internet applications provide a great model for implementing InfoApps but why do organizations struggle with implementing similar concepts internally?
- How does one develop a business case for the implementation of InfoApps?
- Are there other values beyond ROI that organizations should consider?
- What is the value of providing InfoApps in addition to or in replacement of standard search for those organizations that already have search technology in place?
- How does an organization measure success?
- What is the value of having a standardized platform across the different departments in an organization?